It’s been a lot of long nights and incredible headaches learning to do a website on the fly. Pretty amazing what tight deadlines can make a person do, lol.
It’s 9:30 and I’m just about cooked for the day. I figure it’s “up enough” to post it and let people go through it a bit.
There is still some de-bugging and I’m aware of a few pages that are lacking content, but that will all come in quick order.
Here are a few highlights of the new site:
1. Calendar System. This allows folks to view the calendar and see what sessions are or are not available. Also, sessions are color coded to indicate times when makeup may or may not be available. Guys can pick their times much easier. Just hover over any entry, and you can click to view an expanded info tag. You can even comment on a date; effectively tagging it as desired; though you are guided throughout to make an actual reservation in order to guarantee your spot.
2. PayPal®!!! People can now click a button marked “PayPal Reservation” on the left of every page and immediately reserve a session! As soon as PayPal confirms the transaction, someone from the studio will call and book the exact session date/time. People who are already in Reservation Status may change their appointment times as best as we can facilitate.
3. Client Access: We’ve had this for a little while, but there is now a better workflow to facilitate it. This also allows for print ordering, as well.
4. Feedback. Clients can now post their testimonials, etc. on a dedicated link at the bottom of every page.
5. Faster slideshows. Slideshows seem to run a little smoother and now snap into place at speeds that I can alter.
6. New SHARE buttons. At the top left of each page, people can visit my actual Social Network. In addition, you can NOW share ANY page on your own social network-including Pinterest!
7. Contact Form: Has been heavily upgraded. Now you can send the Studio a structured email that allows us to automatically know what type of service you need. There is even a Google Map included for people who aren’t sure of where I am!
8. PortCityPhotography.NET is now a domain I have in addition to chawncrawley.com! They both take you to the same site, but now I will end any confusion for people trying Google “Port City Photography, by Chawn Crawley”.
9. Built-In Google Analytics. Hey, I’m a geek-it’s a thrill for me :)
There’s all kinds of stuff to wander around and check out. 4 days ago, my whole database became unrecoverable and I literally had to start WordPress from ground zero. I really hope everyone takes the time to poke around and play a bit.
Here are some snapshots of the screens; scroll further down and there are still that you can click to enlarge.